Main content of the website

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A


Hospital Phone Number: 403-664-4300

Hospital Address: 312 3rd Street East

"Every Person Carrying On Business within the corporate limits of the Town is required to have a valid and subsisting Business License issued pursuant to the provisions of this by-law unless exempted by Federal or Provincial statutes or regulations." - See Bylaw 808-11 for more information.

Fill out this form and email it to the town office: 

You can pay your bills on:

  • TD
  • ATB
  • CC
  • OptionPay

See Online Payments for more information

The cardboard recycle bins are located at the Oyen Transfer site (South of town). Flatten boxes and place in bins provided.

See the [Transfer site] page for hours and more information.

Yes! As a property owner you can join the TIPP program. The property taxes must be at a $0 balance, and new TIPP patrons can be added in January or July of any given year. Visit the TAXES page for more information or call (403)664-3511.

If you are experiencing sewer issues from Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm contact the Town Office right away. Administration will direct Public Works to attend your property if they are available. For sewer issues in the evenings or weekends, please contact your local plumber.

The owner is responsible for paying the plumber if they are required, then submitting the bill with details of blockage and distance to the Town for reimbursement. Reimbursement for plumbing charges will occur if the issue is identified to be on the Town's side of the property line and not a direct result of improper use (ex. paper towel or tampons in the line). A camera is used to put in the sewer line as the issue is being fixed to note the distance of the blockage to identify the side of the property line.

View Policy 42-002 for more information. 

Recycle bins at Oyen's Transfer site are managed by Big Country Waste Management Commission

Please contact manager, Sean Olmstead regarding this facility.

Cell: (403) 857 9300

See our Garbage & Recycling page for more information.

You need a development permit when adding additions and new structures (ex. sheds) to your property. Renovations or changes to existing structures do not require one.

The bulk water station is located on 1st Avenue.

It accepts credit card.

An account can be made for frequent large purchases at the town office.

Box 360, 201 Main Street, Oyen AB

(403) 664 - 3511

Contact ATCO at: 1-800-668-5506

Contact ATCO at: 1-800-511-3447

Contact poison control at: 1-800-332-1414

Contact the fire department at: 911

or our Fire Chief, Shaune Kovitch, at: 403-854-0234

Notice of Hearing - Environmental Appeals Board
Notice of Hearing - Environmental Appeals Board