The Oyen Railyard has expanded in the last few years following the proposed Industrial Area Structure Plan. Development of the Oyen Railyard is a significant part of Oyen's future as it is a key driver to economic attraction and growth in the region. It is currently owned by the Oyen Regional Rail Company.
The Oyen Rail yard as been certified by CN as a "Rail Ready Site" with 3,000 feet of direct line access.
Interested in purchasing or leasing land outlined in the Oyen Railyard?
Contact Doug Jones (403)664-0560
Benefits to the Area
- Oyen Rail Yard (approximately 35 acres) and Logistics Park (120 acres) are economic enablers that will serve to attract industry that is rail‐focused resulting in the creation of new direct and indirect jobs and local services.
- Positions the region as an intermediate transportation hub in Alberta and Western Canada.
- Revenue stream(s) for Special Areas and Town of Oyen via property taxes, sale or lease of subdivided lots, and business services for tenants.
- Fits with provincial strategy to create new regional transportation hubs to facilitate goods movement outside the Calgary‐Edmonton Corridor.
- 904-23 Oyen East Industrial Area Structure Plan - Draft